U.S. Federal Labor Relations Authority

Search form

Contact Us

Where to call for information

Do you have a question about the status of your case or about any of the FLRA's processes for resolving workplace disputes?  If so, then you may contact the case-specific phone numbers listed below for assistance.  There you'll also find the appropriate contacts for alternative dispute resolution (ADR), facilitation, and training; congressional and media relations; Freedom of Information Act (FOIA) requests; and the FLRA's equal employment opportunity (EEO) complaints program.    

If, after reviewing the information below, you do not see what you are looking for, please contact us at our headquarters location for general information:

Federal Labor Relations Authority
1400 K Street, NW
Washington, DC 20424
(771) 444-5801

Who the FLRA helps

Does the Statute that the FLRA enforces cover me?

The Federal Service Labor-Management Relations Statute (the Statute) covers most federal employees.  But it does not cover:

  • Non-federal employees:  including private-sector employees, contractors, or employees of state or local governments.
  • Employees of certain federal agencies:  including the Postal Service, the Government Accountability Office (GAO), the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), the Central Intelligence Agency (CIA), the National Security Agency (NSA), the Tennessee Valley Authority, and the Secret Service.
  • Certain categories of employees:  including supervisors, management officials, and members of the uniformed services in their military capacity.

Is the FLRA the right agency to help with my problem?

The FLRA handles only labor-management issues for non-postal, federal civilian employees.  Here is a list of other common employee issues and the agencies that may be most appropriate to contact.

  1. The National Labor Relations Board (1-866-667-6572) protects the collective-bargaining rights of private-sector employees and Postal workers.
  2. The National Mediation Board  (1-202-692-5050) protects the collective-bargaining rights of railway and airline employees.
  3. For questions about labor-union officer elections, union financial practices, or reports filed by labor unions, employers, and labor-relations consultants, contact the Department of Labor's Office of Labor-Management Standards at (202) 693-0123.
  4. If you believe that you have been discriminated against because of race, ethnicity, religion, age, gender, national origin, or sexual orientation, contact the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission at 1-800-669-4000 or the EEO Office at your agency.
  5. If you want to appeal certain adverse personnel actions, contact the Merit Systems Protection Board to find out whether it has jurisdiction over your appeal at 1-202-653-7200.
  6. For allegations of activities prohibited by civil service laws, including Hatch Act Issues and whistleblower reprisal, contact the Office of Special Counsel (OSC)  at (800) 872-9855.
  7. For complaints concerning activities at an agency that may violate law or involve mismanagement, gross waste of funds, abuse of authority, or a substantial and specific danger to the public health and safety contact your agency’s Office of Inspector General.
  8. For information on employment, examinations, staffing, retirement, and benefits contact the Office of Personnel Management (OPM).
  9. For questions about wages, tips, work hours, overtime, breaks, vacation pay, or the Family Medical Leave Act, contact the Department of Labor’s Wage and Hour Division at 1-866-487-9243.
  10. For work-related safety and health questions, contact the Occupational Safety and Health Administration at 1-800-321-6742.
  11. The FLRA does not enforce state and local laws relating to employment, such as unemployment benefits or workers’ compensation.  For a list of state labor offices, click here.

Case-Specific Questions, including eFiling Questions:


Charges and Complaints
     Contact:  The FLRA Regional Office covering your geographic area.  

Appeals to the General Counsel of Dismissals of Unfair-Labor-Practice Charges
     Contact:  The Office of the General Counsel at (771) 444-5790.

Trials by Administrative Law Judges
      Contact:  Office of Administrative Law Judges at (771) 444-5715.

Appeals to the Authority from Administrative Law Judge Decisions
     Contact:  Office of Case Intake and Publication at (771) 444-5805.


General Questions about Representation Issues
     Contact:  The FLRA Regional Office covering your geographic area.

Appeals to the Authority of Regional Directors' Representation Decisions and Orders
     Contact:  Office of Case Intake and Publication at (771) 444-5805.


Appeals ("Exceptions") to the Authority from Arbitrators' Decisions and Orders
     Contact:  Office of Case Intake and Publication at (771) 444-5805.


Bargaining Impasses
     Contact:  The Federal Service Impasses Panel at (771) 444-5762.

Negotiability Appeals ("Petitions")
     Contact:  Office of Case Intake and Publication at (771) 444-5805.

Duty to Bargain and Unfair Labor Practices
     Contact:  The FLRA Regional Office covering your geographic area.  

Congressional and Media Relations: 

For all Congressional and media inquiries, please email Public Affairs.

To request to receive FLRA Press Releases, please email Public Affairs.

Freedom of Information Act (FOIA):

FLRA FOIA Contacts

FLRA’s EEO Complaints Program:

For information about the FLRA’s EEO Complaints Program, please email the EEO Director or contact them by phone at (771) 444-5809.  

Provide Feedback on www.FLRA.gov:

We'd love to hear your feedback on the new www.FLRA.gov.  Send us an email at EngagetheFLRA@flra.gov